Braeside

Braeside

Braeside is ideally situated close to amenities, schools, transportation and major roads.  The community allows residents to easily access the recreational opportunities of Fish Creek and South Glenmore Park. Braeside has an extremely active community association which offers programs for babies all the way up to seniors and puts on a variety of programs throughout the year.  There is a community outdoor rink with boards and a fenced dog park off of 14th street and Anderson Road. In addition Braeside is close to the Southland Leisure Center which offers a variety of programs for all ages and abilities.

Transportation
Although Braeside does not have an LRT station right in the neighborhood, there is one close by on McLeod Trail, in addition the new BRT system can get residents downtown or to Mount Royal University quickly.  There are also regular buses with stops on Southland Drive. With the completion of the SW Ring Road access is great and a trip to Costco at the new Taza Development or Westhills Shopping Center has never been easier.  Braeside residents can access the Ring Road easily via Southland Drive. Calgary Transit - bus Times, bus Routes and Updates (moovitapp.com)

Schools & Childcare
Parents and children will value the proximity to primary schools and childcare in Braeside. The designated Elementary School is Braeside School  which is located on 107th Avenue . John Ware is the designated Junior High School located in Palliser and High School students from the community will attend Henry Wise Wood in Kelvin Grove.  Find a School | Schools | Calgary Board of Education (cbe.ab.ca)

Braeside School K-6 - 1747-107th Avenue SW
John Ware (Grades 7-9) - 10020-19th Street SW
Henry Wise Wood- (Grades 10-12) - 910-75th Avenue SW
Braeside Community Childcare - Braeside Community Center 11024 Braeside Drive SW
Kids U (Daycare)- 11422 Braeside Drive SW

Services
Braeside is home to various amenities there is a strip mall on the corner of 24th Street and Braeside Drive that has a bank, clinic, convenience store, pet store and other services including a popular Tim Horton's Drive Thru. There is also another strip mall on Southland Drive/Braeside Drive with a Shopper's Drug Mart, Gas and other services. The Co-op shopping Center in Oakridge is nearby along with various shops on Macleod Trail. 
 
Housing
There are approximately  6055 people living in Braeside with about 80% of the population own their home while the remaining 20% are renters. Roughly 55%  of the dwellings are detached single family homes, 3% are attached, 23% row houses and 18% are apartment style condominiums.  


Current Braeside Statistics- May, 2022

Detached Homes:
Total Sales: 13
Median Sale Price: $525,000
Average Days on Market: 14

Attached Homes:
Total Sales: 2
Median Sale Price: $235,000
Average Days on Market: 5

Townhouse Condos:
Total Sales: 11
Median Sale Price: $335,000
Average Days on Market: 16

Apartment Condos:
Total Sales: 1
Median Sale Price: $158,000
Average Days on Market: 3

 


 

Receive new listing notifications

Jill Law

Real Estate Professionals Inc.

100,5810-2nd Street SW  Calgary,  Alberta   T2H 0H2 

Mobile: (403) 606-9864

Phone: (403) 253-5305

jill@jlawrealestate.ca