Palliser

Palliser 

People living in Palliser will appreciate the proximity to South Glenmore Park. South Glenmore Park is not only a nature lover's dream, but has seen various additions over the past few years and is now home to the Quinterra Legacy Garden, South Glenmore Variety Park (Children's Spray Park & Playground), a Pump Track & x-country skiing. The Glenmore Sailing Club and miles of pathway around the Resevoir are sure to please the fitness enthusiast.  Also in the neighborhood, is the Southland Drypond, which is a community favorite for tobagganning & cycling. The Southland Leisure Center is within walking distance and offers fitness programs, rinks, a wave pool, climbing wall, squash courts and more.  Palliser shares a community association with neighboring Pump Hill & Bayview, the PBP Community Association has a well maintained outdoor rink and rink shack located behind the Community Center which is attached to the Nellie Mcclung School.

Transportation
Palliser is not close to an LRT station, but the new BRT can get residents downtown or to Mount Royal University quickly, there are also regular buses with stops on Palliser Drive and Palisprior Road SW.  With the completion of the SW Ring Road access has improved significantly and a trip to the new Costco or Westhills shopping center has never been easier.  Once the West portion of the Ring Road is complete getting to the mountains will be a breeze. Palliser residents can access the Ring Road via 90th Avenue SW. 

Schools & Childcare
Families will appreciate that wherever their homes are located in the Palliser, both secondary and primary schools are close by. Nellie McClung is located on Palliser Drive and John Ware just blocks away on 19th Street SW.  For the little ones, Seedlings Spanish Preschool is a great option & they now offer a full-day preschool/daycare program. St. Benedicts Catholic Spanish/Bilingual Elementary School & a Preschool at the Southland Leisure Center are also in the community. High School students attend Henry Wise Wood located in Kelvin Grove.  Find a School | Schools | Calgary Board of Education (cbe.ab.ca)

Nellie McClung K-6 2315 Palliser Drive SW
John Ware (Grades 7-9)  10020-19th Street SW
St. Benedicts Catholic Spanish/Bilingual (K-6)
Seedlings Spanish Preschool & Daycare- 2323 Palliser Drive SW
Southland Leisure Center Preschool - 2000 D Southland Drive SW
Henry Wise Wood (Grades 10-12) 910-75th Avenue SW 

Services
There are no shops or services in the Community of Palliser, but plenty in neighboring Oakridge and Glenmore Landing. Groceries, gas, dining, medical clinics and more can be found close by.

Housing
There are approximately 3440 people living in Palliser with about 59% of the population own their home while the remaining 41% are renters. Roughly 26% of the properties in Palliser are single detached dwellings, 10% attached,  17% Row Townhouses and 46% are apartments.  

Current Palliser Stats - May, 2022

Detached Homes:
Total Sales: 2
Median Sale Price: $719,000
Average Days on Market: 2

Attached Homes:
Total Sales: 5
Median Sale Price: $520,000
Average Days on Market: 28

Townhouse Condos:
Total Sales: 2
Median Sale Price: $320,000
Average Days on Market: 2

Apartment Condos:
Total Sales: 3
Median Sale Price: $355,000
Average Days on Market: 8

Receive new listing notifications

Jill Law

Real Estate Professionals Inc.

100,5810-2nd Street SW  Calgary,  Alberta   T2H 0H2 

Mobile: (403) 606-9864

Phone: (403) 253-5305

jill@jlawrealestate.ca