Cedarbrae

Cedarbrae

Cedarbrae offers homes for sale in the low-mid price range, making it one of the more affordable neighborhoods in southwest Calgary. These homes are highly sought after by first time home buyers and anyone looking for a great community to raise a family. Cedarbrae homes are affordable and in a convenient location close to all the amenities that the city has to offer.  The neighborhood borders onto the Tsuut'ina Reserve and a pathway system that provides a beautiful untouched landscape for those looking to use the pathway system for cycling or dog walking. 

Residents of Cedarbrae benefit from a very active community association. The Cedarbrae Community Center hosts a variety of fun indoor activities like soccer, zumba, pickleball and more. Outside you will find an outdoor rink and soccer fields. Not only do residents have access to all the wonderful activities offered by the community association, but they also get to enjoy Fish Creek Park and Glenmore Park or the Southland Leisure Center.

Transportation
Cedarbrae is not close to an LRT station, the new BRT can get residents downtown quickly, there are also regular buses with stops on Oakfield & Southland Drive. With the completion of the SW Ring Road access is great and a trip to the new Costco or Westhills shopping center has never been easier.  Cedarbrae residents can access the Ring Road easily via Southland Drive. 

Schools & Childcare
Parents and children will value the proximity to primary schools and childcare, which are within walking distance from all properties in Cedabrae. The designated Elementary School is Cedabrae School which is located on Oakfield Drive. Alternatively, children residing in Cedarbrae can enter the lottery system at the Louis Riel Science School (K-9) located in neighboring Oakridge.  John Ware is the designated Junior High School located in Palliser and High School students from the community will attend Henry Wise Wood in Kelvin Grove. There is also St. Cyril Catholic School in the community for students in Grades K-9.  

Cedarbrae School K-6 - 
Louis Riel School (K-9 Science Program) 9632 Oakfield Drive SW
John Ware (Grades 7-9) - 10020-19th Street SW
Henry Wise Wood (Grades 10-12) - 910-75th Avenue SW
St. Cyril Catholic School (Grades K-9) - 2990 Cedarbrae Drive SW
Kids First Creative Childcare (Daycare)- 3620 Cedarille Drive SW
Cedarbrae Childcare Center (Preschool)- 11220-26th Street SW

Services
Cedarbrae has a small strip mall on 30th Street that has a nail salon, pub, gas station/carwash and the best takeout Mexican restaurant, Sabores. 
The Co-op shopping center on Southland Drive is undergoing a major transformation, the updated development will offer mixed use retail, residential & office spaces while creating green initiatives and modernizing our community's infrastructure.

Housing
There are approximately 6340 people living in Cedarbrae with about 76% of the population own their home while the remaining 24% are renters. Roughly 51% of the dwellings are detached single family homes, 25% attached, 14% row houses, and 11% are apartment style condominiums.

Current Community Stats May, 2022

Detached Homes:
Total Sales: 8
Median Sale Price: $482,500
Average Days on Market: 22

Attached Homes:
Total Sales: 5
Median Sale Price: $329,000
Average Days on Market: 23

Townhouse Condos:
Total Sales: 4
Median Sale Price: $324,000
Average Days on Market: 15

Apartment Condos:
Total Sales: 0
Median Sale Price: 
Average Days on Market: 


Receive new listing notifications

Jill Law

Real Estate Professionals Inc.

100,5810-2nd Street SW  Calgary,  Alberta   T2H 0H2 

Mobile: (403) 606-9864

Phone: (403) 253-5305

jill@jlawrealestate.ca